Last Modified: July 13, 2023
Effective Date: July 14, 2023
- On or through this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or social media platform profile operated by Trauma Healing Therapy; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Website. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of third parties, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Trauma Healing Therapy’s Privacy Assurance
- We do not sell your Personal Information to any nonaffiliated third parties.
- We do not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties that would use it to contact you about their own products and services, unless you have allowed us to do so and as permitted pursuant to a joint marketing agreement.
- We require our employees to protect your Personal Information and keep it confidential.
- We require persons or organizations that represent or assist us in serving you to keep your information confidential.
- We protect patient/client information as required by law.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13:
Our Website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any Personal Information to, or on, the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, or on or through any of its features/functionality or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any other personal details. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including log data, device data, and Personal Information.
When you visit our Website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also automatically collect data about the device you’re using to access our Website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and location data. What we collect depends on the individual settings of your device and software.
We may collect information from you while you use this Website, including:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth, and other identifying information that you choose to share with us by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”); and/or
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your annual income (if we discuss an alternative pay arrangement), gender, and certain other demographic information. This information is not considered Personal Information, as it is anonymized statistical data.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION:
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, as described above. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, flash cookies, or web beacons. For more information on these technologies, see our DATA COLLECTION POLICY below. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it for any of the reasons listed in HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting a consultation; and/or
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us.
Information Provided to Us by Third Parties
DATA COLLECTION POLICY:
The technologies we use for automatic data collection on this Website may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies; and/or
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, and our emails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Trauma Healing Therapy, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, or opened an email, and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
DO NOT TRACK:
“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set in your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. We do not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
We may collect your information for a number of reasons, specifically:
- To enable you to access and use our Website;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- To prevent fraud;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our Website;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which your provide your information and consent; and/or
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION, GENERALLY:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES:
We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, if you have allowed us to do so, including but not limited to:
- Information Technology (“IT”) service providers;
- Data storage, hosting, and server providers;
- Analytics companies;
- Error loggers;
- Maintenance or problem-solving providers;
- Marketing or advertising providers;
- Professional advisors; and/or
- Payment systems operators.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of establishing, exercising, or defending our legal rights, including but not limited to:
- Debt collectors;
- Our legal counsel and/or prospective legal counsel; and/or
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law.
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized, statistical data and/or non-identifying information about our users without restriction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. The following mechanisms should help to provide you with control over your information:
- Marketing Information from Trauma Healing Therapy. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Trauma Healing Therapy for marketing purposes, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe option in the footer of the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Trauma Healing Therapy as a result of our providing services to you.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you can review and change your Personal Information by sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or regulatory requirement, result in fraud, or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing uses. California’s “Shine the Light” Act provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our email address in order to receive information on the categories of customer information that we shared and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you in your email address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the Shine the Light requirements, and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
We won’t keep Personal Information for longer than is necessary to present our Website to you or to provide our services to you.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us through the Website is secured by TLS technology, and is stored on our secure, password protected servers behind firewalls. We have implemented a restricted employee access for all of our servers containing personally identifiable information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.